|We have developed comprehensive test programs for each type of additives, both for testing new additives as well as for checking the effectiveness of existing additives in wall paints, wood coatings, exterior paints, roof coatings and other architectural paint applications in the full range of pigment volume concentration and based on different binders, fillers and other raw materials.
We also conduct comprehensive multi-path testing of additives in specific client systems or our calibrated formulations, we set recommendations and application guides and we develop start point formulations.
Our research and testing includes:
· Wetting and dispersing agents, e.g. sodium polyphosphate, carboxylic acid salts, branched polymeric dispersants, high molar dispersants, etc.
· Rheological additives, cellulose derivatives, alkali swellable (HASE, ASE), HEUR, xanthan-gum, attapulgite, magnesium aluminium silicate, and other
· Plasticizers and coalescing agents, for decreasing of MFFT, for permanently flexibility of coatings, etc.
· Co-solvents for additional dissolving of thickeners (e.g. HEUR)
· Adhesion promoters for wood and plastics water-borne systems
· Defoamers, mineral-oil based, silicone-based, polymer-based, vegetable-oil based, etc.
· Additives for surface modification, e.g. matting agents, waxes, etc.
· Flow and levelling, e.g. slip additives,
· Driers for water-borne alkyd systems
· Additives for special function (e.g. anti-skinning additives, light stabilizers, corrosion inhibitors, biocides, etc.)
· Other special and new additives for water-borne architectural paints
Below we present examples of the scopes of the most frequently performed research works. All test programs are individually determined in accordance with the client’s needs and budget.
The tests are also performed as comparisons to competitive raw materials from various markets.
|Preparation of recipes with various PVC, binders, fillers, etc. and with various doses of additives (test and reference), according to internal lab SOP’s
||Liquid paint tests, determination of stability, color development, etc., application of coatings and evaluation of drying and forming processes, tests of coating properties, e.g. strength, optical properties, liquid-media resistance, weathering and much more. Tests conducted in accordance with international standards